Manual Handling Training Cork
One Life – One Back – Look after It !
For information on this course please call Mary on 087-1425452
Manual Handling Course Dates;
Friday November 28th.
Monday December 1st.
Friday December 5th.
Monday December 8th.
Friday December 12th.
Manual Handling Training Course
“Definition of Manual Handling” Manual Handling of loads means any transporting or supporting of a load by one or more employees, and includes lifting, putting down,pushing ,pulling, carrying or moving a load, which, by reason of its characteristics or of unfavourable ergonomic conditions, involves risk, particularly of back injury, to employees”
(SHWW( General Applications) Regulations 2007)
Objectives of Manual Handling Training
To ensure that all participants who attend Manual Handling Training know how to lift safely
Aims of Manual Handling Training
This Manual Handling Training course will enable participants to lift and handle loads safely and recognise a load that is too heavy or awkward.
Who should attend Manual Handling Training?
Under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, 2007, it is a requirement that ALL employees attend manual handling training with particular emphasis on anyone who is engaged in the lifting and handling of loads.
- Health and Safety Legislation
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Posture and Back Pain
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment T.I.L.E.
- Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E)
- Statistics in Relation to Manual Handling
- Manual Handling Injuries
- Safe Manual Handling
- Manual Handling demonstration
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- The basic principles of Safe Lifting
- Backcare in everyday life
On completion of this Manual Handling Training Course the participants will be able to;
- Recognise a load that is too heavy, awkward, slippy, or cold.
- Understand the limitations of the spine and the muscular system
- Competently carry out a Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Competently lift and handle loads safely
- Awareness on the dangers of careless and unskilled methods of manual handling techniques
- Overview on the legislation relating to Manual Handling
- Competently carry out Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment
The practical element of this training incorporates:-
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Two person lift
- Duration 3 hours
- Certification: On the successfull completion of the Theory and Practical elements of Manual Handling Training the participants will receive a Certificate of Completion