Manual Handling Training
Manual Handling Training Course (Cork) Weekly on Monday and Friday
Duration: Half day (3 hours)
No. of Persons: Maximum 12 persons per session.
To ensure that all participants know how to lift safely.
This Manual Handling training course will enable participants to lift and handle loads safely and recognise a load that is too heavy or awkward.
- Health and Safety Legislation.
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Posture and Back Pain
- Statistics in Relation to Manual Handling.
- Personal Protective Equipment P.P.E.
- Manual Handling Injuries
- Safe Manual Handling.
- Manual Handling demonstration.
- The Basic Principles of Manual Handling
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment T.I.L.E.( Task, Individual, Load, Environment).
- Backcare in everyday life.
- Biomechanics of Manual Handling.
- Manual Handling Assessment.
On completion of this Manual Handling Training Course the participants will be able to:
- Recognise a load that is too heavy, awkward, slippy, hot or cold
- Understand the limitations of the back and spine
- Competently carry out a Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Competently lift and carry loads safely
- Awareness on the dangers of careless and unskilled methods of Manual Handling Techniques
Who should attend?
Under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, 2007, it is a requirement that ALL employees attend manual handling training with particular emphasis on anyone who is engaged in the lifting and handling of loads.
Pre-course requirements! None.
Participants are required to complete a short written examination and practical.
On completion of the course the participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
English is the language in which the course is delivered and participants must have a good understanding of the english language.
Web address: www.maryharneytraining.ie Please advise us of any specific learning requirements and they will be dealt with in a sensitive and professional manner.
Call 087 142 5452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org CLICK HERE TO ENQUIRE ABOUT A COURSE Manual Handling Training Cork Every Monday & Friday One Life – One Back – Look after It – For information on this course please call Mary on 087-1425452 courses available...read more